Tuesday 5 April 2016

A "Frozen" Winter Birthday Party

Baby It’s Cold Outside! Selena’s 3rd Birthday!

“Let it Go” seems to be the most popular three-letter phrase among kids these days. Since Selena is a big sister, she says she is Elsa and her little sister, Callie, is Anna. It was no surprise when she told me she wanted to have a “Frozen” birthday party, this year.  I had a swim party portion but family came over after to continue the celebration.

So there I was searching Pinterest for Frozen themed things for a child's birthday party everyday for weeks. I pinned a few things, but realistically, I didn’t have the time to do any of those so I decided that I’d just do a few things here and there.

These are the things I came up with:

1) INVITATION:  Blue/Turquoise and Silver Theme



This is the quick how-to:

  Take a piece of Blue Marina Mist 8.5”x11” cardstock (#119682), and cut it in half on the 8.5” side.
2  Score it at 3.25" and 8.75" marks, and fold.
3  Type the party details on the computer and print it in Black Ink using a laser jet printer on Whisper White cardstock (#100730). Run it through the Heidi Swapp Minc machine together with the reactive foil, giving it that blue foil effect. Cut it at 4 x 5.25” and glue it on the inside.
4  To close the card, create a card band by cutting a 1 inch strip of Bermuda Bay card stock (#131197) and folding it around the card. For added effect, glue a piece of silver ribbon in the centre of the strip.
5   Stamp the largest snowflake from the Flurry of Wishes Stamp Set (#139732) using Versamark (#102283), cover it with silver embossing powder (#12345) and hit it with your heatgun.  Punch it out using a 2-3/8 scallop circle punch (#118874). Add a rhinestone (#119246) in the middle of the snowflake for a little sparkle.
6  Secure the snowflake punch out over the ends of the card band.

2)  DÉCOR

I made four flag banners to put around our house.





I used the letters from the Larger than Life Stamp Set (#135382) to stamp out HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LET IT GO AND FROZEN.

In keeping with the Blue/Turquoise theme, I used blue toned pattern paper to make the flags of the banners. Each flag measured 6x6”. Using left over glittery aqua coloured ribbon left over from Christmas, I added bows here and there.

You can’t forget Elsa and Anna at a “Frozen” birthday party, so there they were standing happily at 7 feet! Bonus: Olaf was there, too!


3) MARQUEE LIGHTS


In true Heidi Swapp style, I picked up these inexpensive wooden marquee lights from Michaels.  I figured I would use these at each of her birthday parties. Seeing her name in lights was truly something!




4) CAKE and other things

I made a three-layer cake (Vanilla, Chocolate and Vanilla) and covered it in Aqua blue ombre rosettes and topped it off with a light up Elsa crown.

                                       


I had 33 loot bags to make for both boys and girls of varying ages, so I picked up different things for each child.  I don’t know how I did it, but they all fit in a small white paper bag.  I added light blue tissue paper and glued silver doilies with each of their names on the front.




I also added a few blue Christmas ornaments to tree branches and changed my curtains to sheer turquoise curtains from IKEA to add to the wintery feel.




It was a busy week leading up to the party but enjoyed every minute of party planning!!

To order some custom invitations or banners, email me Francesca@stampcraftlove.com

Enjoy the first days of Spring! Don’t forget to Stamp. Craft. Love.

Fay xo








No comments:

Post a Comment